School work and belongings

April7

First of all, I wanted to give a virtual high five to all children and parents that got logged into our Google Classroom! Way to go! I know it was a frustrating process for many, so thank you for taking the time to work through it. Also, I wanted to make sure that everyone understands that all of the work  posted in the classroom is not mandatory and I have not assigned any due dates so that you can complete the work as you wish at your own pace. This is a stressful time for everyone and the health, both mental and physical, of everyone is the most important thing right now.

With respect to the amount of work, if you are choosing to do it, the guideline right now is an hour of work a day, with a total of 5 hours a week. At this point, I really am not sure how much work that will be for our class, as students work at very different paces. So, I will continue to adjust as the weeks go by and seek feedback from the kids near the end of the week.  My goal is to provide enough, but not overwhelm anyone.

Also, thank you for your patience as I post assignments and we find little issues with some. This is a learning process for me as well and I am doing my best.

I have had some parents ask me about their child’s belongings and how they can retrieve them from the school. I forwarded this concern on to Mr.West and he said that at this time the board’s concern is for everyone’s safety and on delivering school curriculum to the students. So, no steps have been made to allow students to retrieve their belongings at this point, but if school doesn’t resume in May they till develop protocol for collecting items.

Take care and stay healthy.

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Skip to toolbar